This special moist butter cake is baked in a Bundt Pan with special ingredients and lots of eggs and butter.
To make this unique moist butter cake, click on the video tutorial above and print out the recipe below.
- 95 g Marie biscuits, about 12 pieces
- 90 g coarsely chopped almonds
- Red and green food colouring
- 300 g soft butter, unsalted
- 10 eggs separated 55g each
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g self raising flour or all purpose flour with 1 tsp baking powder
- 40 g chocolate rice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 170 g caster sugar
Grind Marie biscuits finely.
Mix grounded Marie biscuits with flour and salt and set aside.
Divide the coarsely chopped almonds equally into 2 bowls.
Mix red colouring to half of the chopped almonds and green colouring to the other half.
Dry the coloured almonds in the oven at low heat for 10 - 15 mins.
Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
Cream butter, add egg yolks and vanilla extract gradually. Beat until soft and fluffy for 10 mins.
Add the flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well.
Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until egg whites form stiff peaks.
Add egg white mixture to butter mixture and fold gently.
Add in chocolate rice and coloured ground almonds into the batter and fold gently.
Carefully pour batter into a thoroughly greased bundt pan. Tap bundt pan lightly on a hard surface to remove any trapped air in the batter. Place towel below pan to protect table.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for about 40 - 50 minutes. Cake is cooked if skewer inserted into deepest part comes out clean.
- If top of cake turns dark, cover with parchment paper.
- Once coloured ground almonds are folded in, quickly transfer batter into bundt pan.
Also do check out my Facebook Page : Shiokman for links to other recipes